Dental Health Check
Not just a quick once-over – 7 detailed checks at every check-up
We carry out the following checks during a routine check-up:
- Tooth decay check
- Gum disease / gingival and oral health check
- Teeth cracks and wear check
- Tooth discolouration check
- Soft tissues check (to check for mouth cancer and other medical conditions)
- Jaw joints and muscle check
- Swollen glands check (by examining the face and neck)
For all new patients, in addition to each of the above checks, it’s our usual practice to take x-rays to check for tooth decay, hidden infection or pathology, unless health or other reasons preclude it. If you are worried about the radiation exposure, you will be glad to know that we use phosphor plate technology which means that four x-rays are equivalent to one day of background radiation.
Our dental hygienists are specially trained to work with the dentist to support you with a maintenance component of your treatment plan. Using Guided Biofilm Therapy protocol, a gold standard in modern dental hygiene treatment, they gently remove biofilm (bacteria) and any hard deposits found on teeth, implants and appliances providing you with the most comfortable hygiene experience available and fast visible results .